What is the P&C?
The P&C is an organisation comprised of volunteers that represent the parents/ caregivers of the Arundel State School.
The P&C raises funds to provide equipment and resources not provided by Education Queensland. We contribute to the school’s budget every term
The P&C provides advice to the Principal on matters involving the school community, which can be communicated through out meetings.
The P&C team work on a volunteer basis and consist of:
2022 Executive members
|Vice President||Renee Roney|
|Assistant Treasurer||Sarah Hannan|
2022 Non-Executive members
|Parent/Teacher Liaison||Victoria Jackson|
|Uniform Shop Convenor||Katrina Windle|
Who can join?
Our Parents and Citizens Committee are striving towards attaining goals to ensure our children have the best opportunities and experiences while they are here at Arundel. Membership is open to all School parents, and any other persons aged 18 years or over who are interested in the welfare of the school. The Principal is a member. Each year a President, Vice-president, Secretary and Treasurer are elected by the members at the Annual General Meeting.
Our aims are:
- To assist the school to improve the quality of our children’s learning through providing extra resources.
- To assist the school to improve the quality of our children’s learning environment.
- To work together with parents to raise money for the projects within the school community.
- To maintain a productive, yet cost-effective tuck-shop and uniform shop for our school community.
Our fundraising team is very active. Some of their activities include:
- Mothers/Fathers Day fundraising
- Fun/Colour runs
- Various promotional drives
- To continue to support enhancements to the school hall and throughout the whole school grounds as required.
- To ensure prices in the tuck-shop and uniform shop are kept to a minimum whilst maintaining their self-functioning entity.
- To encourage parents to be involved in the school they entrust their children in by helping the P&C in their fundraising endeavours.
- To make the P&C a friendly, open forum in which to discuss your desires/concerns regarding the school.
The P&C provide the tuck-shop and uniform shop services which are self-sufficient and fund an Operation Manager and a small retail support team.
When do we meet?
Our meetings are held in the school staffroom on the 2nd and 7th Monday of each term at 3:30pm (unless stated otherwise in the school newsletter). Afternoon tea is provided and children are welcome.
As we represent the parents and care-givers of Arundel School, it is important that we hear your views. Please come along to our meetings. If you cannot attend and would like a matter raised on your behalf, please provide details in writing to the P&C Secretary via the school office. Alternatively you can email us on
By supporting the P&C with a voluntary contribution you will be assisting with raising funds to provide equipment and resources, not provided by Education Queensland, throughout the school.
Such voluntary contributions can be paid directly to our Westpac account:
- BSB: 034-292
- Account: 317629
- Name: Arundel State School P&C Association
A tax invoice can be provided. If you use your surname as a reference and send an advisory email to
firstname.lastname@example.org stating the contribution amount, date paid and a postal address.